Crave St. Lucia - Kitchen Assistant
CRAVE ASSISTANT (Kitchen Assistant)
Reports to: Crave Master (Head Chef) and Creator (Cook)
Position Summary: Is Responsible for ensuring that the kitchen is clean and operational. Needed in preparing ingredients and in some circumstances required to prepare food products.
Kitchen Assistants Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic.
- Washing utensils and dishes, making sure they are stored appropriately if needed.
- Storing, sorting and distribution of ingredients
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting, and cooking food items in order to help prepare certain items.
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors , and other kitchen tools or areas
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Beverage preparation for fresh local juices.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and assist in encouraging others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Frequently reviews finished products for quality and presentation before orders are sent to guests.
- Able to perform additional duties as requested by management and ensures disciplinary standards are met.
- A desire to learn how to cook
- High School Diploma or similar
- 6 months -2 years of experience if possible
- Proven track record of excellence in similar position
- Must have good reading, writing and oral communication skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods and quick on feet
- Strong personal Hygiene and cleanliness is compulsory
- Be able to work with a team , have a positive attitude and strong customer service.
Submit of your resume with 2 professional references
Deadline: MAY 20th, 2018