Crave St. Lucia - Head Chef
CRAVE MASTER (HEAD CHEF)
Reports to: Manager
Position Summary: Is Responsible for the consistent preparation of innovative and creative cuisine of the highest quality, presentation and flavour for the restaurant, resulting in outstanding guest satisfaction. Additionally responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen and manage areas of profit, stock, wastage control, hygiene practices and training within the kitchen.
Head Chef Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in training, developing and motivating culinary team to meet and exceed established food preparation standards on a consistent basis.
- Display exceptional leadership by providing a positive work environment, counselling employees as appropriate and demonstrating a dedicated and professional approach to management
- Be able to provide direction for all day to day operations in the kitchen
- Helps assist in direction of well-defined recipes, follows up and discusses ways to constantly improve the cuisine.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead , influence, and train kitchen team
- Advocate sound financial/business decision making and demonstrates honesty, integrity, and leadership by example
- Actively involved in menu development and maintaining updated accurate costing for all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Assists in determining how food should be presented and create decorative food displays
- Ensures all equipment in the kitchen is properly maintained and in working order in accordance with the local health and safety department.
- Assists in coordinating with the purchase manager for acquisition of needed goods and services
- Maintains quality levels of receiving, storage, production and presentation of food.
- Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures that are specified for the kitchen
- Discuss daily food reports with management and F & B team, attend daily morning meetings, identifies development needs.
- Frequently reviews finished products for quality and presentation before orders are sent to guests.
- Able to perform additional duties as requested by management and ensures disciplinary standards are met.
- Certification/Diploma in professional cookery or a foundation degree in culinary arts
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably with international experience
- Ability to control a budget, work with figures, and under pressure
- Proven track record of excellence in similar position
- Must have good reading, writing and oral communication skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods and quick on feet
- Strong personal Hygiene and cleanliness is compulsory
- Be able to work with a team , have a positive attitude and strong customer service.
Submit of your resume with two professional references.
Deadline: May 20th, 2018