Crave St. Lucia - Cook
CRAVE CREATOR (COOK)
Reports to: Crave Master (Head Chef)
Position Summary: Is Responsible for supporting the Head Chef and other Chefs in a busy kitchen delivering consistently high quality food, handle guests needs, and ensure that items sold are of the highest quality. Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with new products, recipes, and preparation techniques.
Cook Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes care of daily food preparations and duties assigned by the head chef/manager to meet the standard and quality set by the restaurant
- Follows instructions and recommendations from the head chef to complete daily tasks.
- Coordinates daily tasks with the Head Chef
- Responsible to supervise Kitchen Assistants
- Able to estimate the daily production needs, maintaining quality of raw and cooked food products, and ensure standards of production, preparation and presentation are met.
- Knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food costs on an ongoing basis.
- Full awareness of all menu items, their recipes, methods of production and presentation standards
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Establishing and maintaining effective inter-departmental working relationships.
- Have excellent knowledge of menu creation, whilst maintaining quality and controlling costs in a volume food business.
- Personally responsible for hygiene, safety and correct use of equipment and utensils.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with a deadline and assist in encouraging others in achieving this aim.
- Checks periodically expiry dates and proper storage of food items in the section.
- Frequently reviews finished products for quality and presentation before orders are sent to guests.
- Able to perform additional duties as requested by management and ensures disciplinary standards are met.
- Certification/Diploma in professional cookery or a foundation degree in culinary arts
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably with international experience
- Proven track record of excellence in similar position
- Must have good reading, writing and oral communication skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods and quick on feet
- Strong personal Hygiene and cleanliness is compulsory
- Be able to work with a team , have a positive attitude and strong customer service.
Submit of your resume with two professional references.
Deadline: MAY 20th, 2018