Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Department Housekeeping Department
Job Title Executive Housekeeper
Reports To General Manager
Position Summary The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring efficient operations of
the Housekeeping Department in accordance with Bay Gardens Resorts
standards. This includes front/back of house, public areas and laundry.
Duties And Responsibilities Include :
The roles and responsibilities of this position will comprise of but not be limited to the following list:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Ensure the cleanliness, orderliness, appearance and sanitation of the property.
- Ensure that rooms are made as per company standards and in adherence to COVID-19 sanitation protocols.
- Maintain par stock of guest supplies, cleaning supplies and linen.
- Establish and maintain a key control system for the department.
- Pay particular attention while organizing pest eradication activities.
- Develop and implement housekeeping systems and procedures.
- Prepare reports for management information.
- Assist the Purchasing Department in selecting suppliers for items related to housekeeping.
- Attend to and resolve guest complaints.
- Attend to and fulfill guest requests.
- Handle overall supervision of daily inspection for arriving VIPs.
- Ensure that team members are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other team members.
- Organize on-the job training and evaluate its effectiveness.
- Recommend recruitment of new personnel.
- Daily inspection of public areas and employee locker rooms.
- Coordinate the preventive maintenance schedule of rooms and public areas with the Maintenance Department.
- Plan the work for the housekeeping department and distribute assignments accordingly. Assign regular duties and special duties for the housekeeping team members.
- Prepare the department’s schedule according to the business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements.
- Review the hours worked hours by housekeeping team members for payroll compilation and submit to the Accounts Department in a timely manner.
- Conduct daily morning briefings with the housekeeping team.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in M.S.D. sheets. Keep M.S.D. sheets current and easily available.
- Monitor work orders and submit to Maintenance Department according to procedures; following up in a timely manner to ensure completion.
- Maintain a lost-and-found department and be responsible for all lost and-found items. Once the rightful owner of an item is determined, arrange to have the item returned to or collected by the owner.
Skills & Requirements:
Strong leadership abilities and organizational skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to drive change and look for operational efficiencies/synergies across departments.
Ability to prioritize work under pressure
Basic accounting for budget management
Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
Ability to stand for long periods of time
High school graduate or equivalent. Certified Rooms Division Executive (CRDE) or
similar certification would be an asset.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience as an Executive Housekeeper or similar role.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com no later than Monday 13th
September 2021. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview