Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
The Landings Resort and Spa is a 5-star, 4-diamond, luxurious all-suite beachfront resort. The resort carries 150 well-appointed one, two, and three-bedroom villa suites with stunning waterfront views, multiple terraces, fully equipped gourmet kitchens, elegantly furnished dining/living areas, Italian-tile floors - some with private plunge pools. The resort also boasts 3 restaurants, 3 bars, a coffee shop and in-room dining options for guests.
The Sous Chef provides direct support to the Executive Chef, assisting with planning and directing food preparation in all kitchen outlets. This involves a large degree of supervising the culinary team, providing effective coaching & training, menu planning, rostering and ensuring maximum guest satisfaction through high quality food production.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• Maintain a high standard of specified work in accordance with the Executive Chef’s instructions.
• Prepare, cook and serve food delegated as your responsibility, ensuring that the highest possible quality is maintained. Ensure that agreed standards for food preparation and presentation are adhered to by the culinary team.
• Ensure high standards of personal hygiene, clean uniform and overall camaraderie for the entire culinary team.
• Adhere to company procedures with regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations at all times ensuring that all records of such are maintained.
• Aid in maintaining appropriate food cost, kitchen standards and achieving overall objectives.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations/standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
• Have a full understanding of menu planning, the implementation of stock controls, the importance of good stock management, and how this enables the kitchen to meet gross profit.
• Assist with the acceptance and storage of deliveries and that all relevant company procedures are adhered to.
• Be familiar with the opening and closing procedures of the kitchen and carry them out as rotated.
• Be fully aware of and comply with all the health and safety at work regulations in accordance with St Lucian Health & Safety requirements.
• Have full knowledge of, and be able to act upon, fire procedures.
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment is operating to company standard and report any faulty equipment to the Executive Chef in a timely manner.
• Follow all company policies and procedures, report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to the Executive Chef.
• Address guests' service needs and be proactive with corrective actions to prevent guest complaints.
• Perform administrative duties such as rostering and payroll preparation.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
• 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Sous Chef at a luxury resort is required.
• Excellent communication skills – both written and oral.
• Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
• Must be effective at handling challenges in the workplace including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Strong knowledge of a variety of cooking methods, kitchen equipment, and best practices.
• Teamwork-oriented with outstanding leadership abilities.
• Proven record of exceptional kitchen management.
• A foundation degree in culinary arts would be an asset.
• Health & safety and food hygiene certificate.
Please send all applications to email@example.com or by hand Deadline for submission of applications is Friday 16th January 2023 Only suitably qualified applicants will be contacted