The Accounts Manager will be responsible for managing the functions of the Accounting Department including financial reporting, regulatory matters, assessing financial risks and opportunities, overseeing and managing the accounting team and helping to set and track financial goals, objectives, and budgets.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that legal and regulatory documents are filed accurately in a timely manner and monitor compliance with laws and regulations to ensure limited exposure to resulting fines and penalties.
- Prepare annual budgets, cash flow forecasts, monthly management accounts
- Supervise financial reporting, budgeting and general accounting teams
- Manage the day to day operations of the Accounts Department including accounts payables and receivables, supplier payments, bank reconciliations, accurate posting of receipts and invoices.
- Handling of Management Accounts, preparing profit and loss statements for each period, reconciliation of accounts and correction of errors
- Prepare tax schedules and annual returns.
- Managing payroll functions including monthly and annual statutory submission and reports
- Coordinating and managing external audits
- Management of inventory and inventory management systems
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Accountant and a member of a recognized professional body certified preferably: ACCA, CIMA, CPA and CGA or a Degree in Accounting.
- Minimum six (6) years accounting experience with at least four (4) years in a Management position.
- Knowledge of IFRS and its application
- Knowledge of local corporate tax legislation.
- Excellent team management and people skills
- Strong customer focus and results oriented
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communications skills
- Computer Literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Suite and excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Ability to multitask and work with adjusting priorities
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills
Applications with resumes must be emailed to:
We thank all applicants for their Interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted.