Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Instructional Designer/LMS Administrator
An internationally recognized and prestigious company based in St Lucia is seeking a pro-active, and dynamic Instructional Designer/LMS Administrator
This role will be responsible for administering the business side of our Learning Management System, including the design and development of a diverse set of learning materials to support our growing business. The ideal candidate will partner closely with key stakeholders across the company to translate business intent into an engaging learning curriculum using diverse learning tools. The individual will analyze learning needs (gap assessments), design and develop blended learning solutions, and measure and report on learning effectiveness. The Instructional Designer/LMS Administrator is responsible for the creation and maintenance of engaging training content and curricula along with the administration of the Learning Management System to support the company's goals.
As the Instructional Designer/LMS Administrator, you will be responsible for learning solutions which are relevant and engaging for all colleagues, utilizing new learning technology to help all colleagues quickly build the technical skills they need to deliver results for their customers. She/he will design and deliver innovative training programs to drive and sustain performance with approval of Group Training and Development Manager. This role will be integral to the success of our sales and service channels as per the business need. The ideal candidate will need to work closely with key stakeholders and sales managers to help develop the training strategy which supports the delivery of UVL’s priorities and meets the operational requirements.
- Administering Learning Management System (LMS) and coordinating technology matters with IT LMS administrators
- Designing and developing curriculum, programs, learning materials, and collateral based on industry design standards
- Leading effective stakeholder, subject matter expert, and learner interviews that enable identification and curation of relevant content for the end-learner
- Designing training solutions that demonstrate an understanding of adult learning principles and leverage current learning trends
- Evaluating training content offered by LMS and/or third parties and curating courses that fit employees’ professional development needs
- Assessing training program and LMS’ success and proposing changes to enhance both
- Evaluating modes of training delivery (in-person or virtual) to optimize training effectiveness and efficiency
- Coordinating and capturing employees’ professional development goals and working with Human Resources and others to create development/training plans
- Implementing key performance indicators (KPIs) for training program
- Assisting in the administration of training
- Producing various training reports, as needed
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience managing the day-to-day operations of a Learning Management System, as well as the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Working knowledge of eLearning/content authoring tools (e.g., Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline & Rise 360)
- Experience using video and audio editing tools (e.g., Camtasia, Snagit, Audiate, OBS Studios, Doodly)
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (esp. PowerPoint, Captivate)
- ATD Master Trainer or CPLP certification is a plus and preferred
- Experience in training in a call center sales environment (Preferred)
- Proven success implementing a company-wide training program utilizing eLearning and various other instructional design techniques
- Demonstrated ability to lead an engaging, full training cycle, including curriculum and collateral development
- Strong working knowledge of adult learning theory
- Knowledge of various training and teaching methods
- Ability to think creatively and implement creative solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Excellent presentation, coaching and communication skills with the ability to present to senior stakeholders.
- Experience in creation of soft skills training courses like objection handling, delivering excellent customer service, communication styles
- Experience of working in a fast paced sales environment.
- Experience of working within a customer service environment.
- Comfortable dealing with challenging conversations and strong personalities
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and public holidays, based on the needs of the business.
- Valid passport
- No Criminal record
- Ability to travel when requested. (Cross Caribbean – able to travel without any restrictions)
- Salary commensurate on experience and qualifications.
- Participation in the company’s various life and health insurance.
How do I apply?
Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.