Youth Emergency Action Committees (YEAC) - CARITAS ANTILLES PROJECT ASSISTANT - YEAC PHASE VI
SCOPE OF WORK:
Position: CARITAS ANTILLES PROJECT ASSISTANT - YEAC PHASE VI
Youth Emergency Action Committees. Hoping that God has continued to favour you and your institution. Catholic Relief Services, with support from USAID/OFDA and in partnership with CARITAS, has implemented the Youth Emergency Action Committees (YEAC) project in vulnerable communities in Jamaica, St. Lucia, and Grenada.
This project is based and built upon the experiences and successes of the Community Risk Reduction through Youth Emergency Action Committees in Urban Neighbourhoods of Kingston, Jamaica project (YEAC, 2009-2011). Project activities include the formation and strengthening of YEACs in highly vulnerable communities; engaging youth as leaders in a process of community risk reduction; training community members in Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation, and Management (DPMM); developing community hazard risk reduction plans and selecting, planning, and implementing hazard risk mitigation activities. The current phase of the YEAC project is designed to strengthen the regional emergency response capacity and the network of Youth Emergency Action Committees (YEACs) in the Caribbean, by consolidating and reinforcing capacity building accomplished in previous phases and to create a regional emergency response network to ensure greater sustainability, and thoroughly document the experience so that others may also benefit from the work and replicate it as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop/plan/facilitate training programmes/workshops and assist in arranging workshops and seminars
- Strengthen the structure and function of both new and existing local YEACs by supporting and guiding meetings
- Ensure the high quality planning and implementation of project activities
- Ensure the achievement of project performance and results indicators
- Ensure organized and thorough support documentation for data demonstrating the accomplishment of project activities and indicators.
- Compile and submit clear, accurate, and timely events summary by the last day of the month to the project manager for preparation of the monthly narrative .
- Maintain a log of all contact with youths and other stakeholders to include date, time, duration and a detail note of discussion points
- Review and implement scheduled activities as per the project timetable and timelines in the monitoring matrix
- Oversee the correct preparation of requisitions by the project promoters before submission to the project manager. Prepare, a cheque requisition form and also ensure accurate official receipts are obtained for each payment.
- Provide key stakeholders with regular, clear, brief, and accurate updates as to the status and progress of the project
- Coordinate transportation to ensure availability for project activities and that liquidation forms are in effect for hired transportation and group activities.
- Review the work programme with the project manager and ensure all YEAC members are up to date with the work programme.
- Undertake assigned activities that would seek to enhance the implementation of YEAC
- Job experience in management, project management, or community development,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Proven experience working with youth, peace building, and/or, emergency management --- Knowledge of the monitoring, evaluation and reporting phases of grant management would be an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge in formal and informal settings;
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders;
- Must be flexible in the hours of work;
- Open to travel between different communities and or countries
Key Working Relationships: Internal
- Caritas Coordinator
- YEAC Project Manager
- YEAC Project volunteers and participants
- CRS Program Manager and Program Officer
If you are interested and meet the qualifications for the position, please send an email with your Cover Letter, and CV to Marcia Haywood, Caritas Antilles Regional Director at email@example.com no later than 9th March 2018.