Lace Up Adverntures - Reservations Agent/ office assistant
Responds to communications from guests/clients, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax, or through a central reservation system. Creates and maintains reservation records—usually by date of arrival and alphabetical listing. Prepares letters of confirmation and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications. Additional duties include preparing the list of expected arrivals for the front office, assisting in preregistration activities when appropriate, and processing advance reservation booking deposits.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, fax, or central reservation systems.
- Processes reservations from walk in sales, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
- Assist with online chat, respond in a timely and professional manner
- Know the types of services that are available as well as their location and specs.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all packaged.
- Knows the booking policy of all operators and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and pick up times
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Communicates reservation information to the suppliers.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to admin.
- Understands suppliers and company policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Helps develop revenue forecasts.
- Prepares expected arrival lists for pickup use.
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitors advance deposit requirements.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed in a timely manner
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
- Promotes goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to clients, customers, managers, and fellow employees.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Friendly and customer centric.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills are essential.
- drivers licence is an asset
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Experience in a similar role is preferred.
Applications may be sent to: Laceupadventures@gmail.com
Application deadline: Friday 9th March 2018.
Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.