WATER AND SEWERAGE COMPANY INC - Senior Technician
JOB TITLE: Senior Technician
REPORTS TO: Senior Engineer
LOCATION: Southern Services
To effectively monitor and control the raw and treated water conveyance and distribution system facilities and equipment.
- Operate electronic monitoring and control equipment, determine the needs of the various zones, reservoirs and flow rates in mains and pump stations and make appropriate operational adjustments;
- Monitor water systems for any unusual changes in flows, pressures, and reservoirs; analyze situations and take appropriate corrective actions;
- Respond to emergencies in a manner consistent with procedures to minimize disruption to water service and avoid damage to system components;
- Intercept, evaluate and respond to SCADA alarms;
- Communicate with other staff as appropriate; include treatment plant operators and maintenance personnel, regarding changes in pumping rates, valve position and diversions;
- Serves as dispatcher and maintain call out database; monitor security of reservoirs and other Utility facilities;
- Track equipment requiring testing and service and update Engineer in Charge on maintenance and repair activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively lead the Abstraction, Transmission and Distribution Crew personnel;
- Excellent written, oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to build trust, credibility and effective working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization and with external stakeholders;
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with ease;
- Ability to effectively motivate and mobilize staff to achieve and produce required output;
Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum: - An Associate Degree in Construction Engineering or Diploma in Building Studies with two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Preferred Additional: - Certificate in Plumbing or Project Management.
The deadline for submission of applications is November 23rd, 2018 and should be addressed to:
Attention:Human Resource Manager Water and Sewerage Company Inc. L’Anse Road P O Box 1481, Castries
NB: Applications may also be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged. Only the candidates with the best qualifications and experience will be shortlisted for interview.