WATER AND SEWERAGE COMPANY INC - Purchasing Officer
JOB TITLE: Purchasing Officer
DEPARTMENT: Finance/Accounts Unit
REPORTS TO: Senior Accountant
To ensure that all WASCO’s purchases are done in compliance with budget, using the most efficient and effective procurement practices. To effectively source and manage procurement to ensure that goods and /or services are obtained at the best possible cost to meet the needs of the Company in terms of quality, quantity and timeliness. Primary responsibilities:
The incumbent is required to perform the following functions among others:
- Source quotes and review prices and quality of goods to ensure that purchases for the Company are done at the optimum level considering logistics, pricing, quality etc.
- Draft, edit and review contract terms where required, and make recommendations to management as appropriate.
- Communicate and provide support to Department Managers in meeting their purchasing decisions and needs.
- Maintain an efficient recording and tracking system for all orders and meet reporting requirements.
- Plan, develop, implement and monitor the Company’s Custom Brokerage operation to ensure that our needs are met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft suites application. Negotiating and marketing skills Strong interpersonal and organizational skills Ability to be proactive and use initiative
Qualifications & Experience
Bachelors of Business Management/Administration with at least five (5) years relevant working experience in purchasing and customs brokerage.
An Associate’s Degree or Diploma in Business Management/Administration with at least three (3) years relevant working experience in purchasing and customs procedures.
The Deadline for submission of applications is November 23rd, 2018 and should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager Water and Sewerage Company Inc L’Anse Road P.O. Box 1481. Castries
NB: Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com. Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged. Only the candidates with the best qualifications and experience will be shortlisted for interview.