Vacancy - Pastry/Pizza Chef, Cafeteria Assistant: Front of the house & Customer service Representative
A catering business/ cafeteria in the North of the islandis seeking suitable applicants to fill the following positions:
Pastry/ Pizza Chef.
The following will be considered in selecting the successful candidate to fill in the position.
Must have the ability to manage the café type cuisine and must be able to work independently & cost effectively, maintaining health and safety standards.
Must be creative and passionate about cooking and must have hands on practical experience to create various types of breads, desserts, cakes, pastries, hors d’oeuvres, pizzas, snack and catering menu to include healthy menu options, with an international and local twist.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 5 years experience in culinary arts, cooking in related field.
- Strong organizational Skills, effective Verbal &written Communication, basic computer skills
- Problem solving skills, Creativity, Interpersonal Skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Staff management/ scheduling/ staff training
- Knowledge of the operating functions of kitchen equipments, tools, & appliances.
- Ability to create a menu maintaining expected food cost target.
- Ability to manage inventory of all products, supplies, food ingredients, for purchasing.
- Strong practice in maintaining health and safety standards of the operation.
- Must be able to obtain valid health card.
- Must be flexible to work varied shifts including weekends and public holidays
- A valid driver’s license would be an advantage.
Cafeteria Assistant: Front of the house
The successful candidate must be able to work independently and must have the skills to successfully operate and manage the Cafeteria, serving specialty cakes, breads and pastries, snacks and must have the knowledge to create healthy smoothies recipes cost effectively, to achieve the goals and maintain the standards of the operation.
This role is also responsible to provide excellent customer service, serving hot and cold beverages, food preparation and catering, ensuring overall clean upkeep of the serving area consistently maintaining health and safety standards.
Knowledge, skills, education required.
- High school education
- Must be able to obtain a valid health card.
- Advance computer skills
- Hands on experience in similar settings would be an advantage
- Strong sales ability to promote menu offerings
- Hospitality experience in related field would be an advantage
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong leaders ship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Multitask ability
- Must be able to work flexible shifts,
- Strong team player.
- Ability to plan events would be a plus
Customer service Representative
Summary of the position: To be able work independently and efficiently providing excellent customer service to assist the establishment in processing all customer orders in a timely manner ensuring a balanced report at the end of the shift.
Key competencies/ qualifications
- High school education
- Strong Mathematical skills.
- Strong organizational skills/ problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills to include social media
- Ability to multitask
- Quality focus Sales ability- strong written and verbal communication skills
- Office management skills.
Interested candidates can email applications and resume to the address below: email@example.com
Deadline to submit all applications is May 18 2018
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged