Vacancy - Oil Lab Technician
A reputable Oil Company is seeking a suitably qualified individual to fill the post of an Oil Lab Technician.
This position is responsible for increasing Company profitability by efficiently and accurately processing interpreting and reporting oil samples to provide for our customers. This position requires a self-motivated well-organized individual with demonstrated ability to focus on details and accuracy. Requires demonstrated competency in the technical skills needed to accomplish oil sample processing. Computer literacy required as well as accurate data entry skills. Chemistry background and/or lab experience strongly preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, label and analyze samples (gasoline, crude oil, diesel, jet fuel)
- Execute laboratory testing according to ASTM standard procedures, make observations and report findings
- Conduct experiments under defined conditions to using appropriate scientific methods
- Organize and store all chemicals substances, fluids and compressed gases according to safety instructions and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
- Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Act as a Company representative performing duties to the best of your ability in order to ensure that the clients best interest is maintained.
- Effectively communicate all aspects of assigned job to the international Operations Department. Maintain regular contact with International Operations Department to receive orders and work schedules.
- Be able to work autonomously and under pressure
- Perform quality control tests in the lab as well as on-site when necessary
There are no fix working hours. You are expected to report to duty whenever a nomination is received, work is scheduled and/or you are requested to. This is an on call position and as such you will be required to work at any hour of the day. It is important that we are able to reach you. Communications is of utmost importance and you MUST coordinate your duties with management.
Salary & Compensation
Will commensurate with experience and qualification.
Possess a valid driver’s license and own or have unlimited access to a well-maintained vehicle in order to effectively execute your duties.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related field of study and/or A Level/CAPE qualifications in the Sciences.
Email applications to HRlabservices@outlook.com.