Coconut Bay Resort & Resort - Pastry Cook
- Prepares mis-en-place and prepares food a variety of the pastries, desserts and display garnishes directed by the Pastry Chef/Sous Chef.
- Co-operate with all staff, guest, management and trainees
- Executes production work as per company standards and recipes.
- Demonstrates a good knowledge of various pastry techniques and presentation skills.
- Ensures that all Temperature for preparation and holding are maintained at all times.
- Minimize waste by preparing and storing food products as per company standards.
- Follows correct rotation methods.
- Maintains proper opening and closing procedures for assigned work area.
- Cleans and sanitizes equipment and work tables after every use
- Maintain and overall clean kitchen environment including coolers
- Follows food safety practices at all times
- Report deficiencies to the Pastry Chef /Team Leader/Sous Chef.
- Assist in the requisition, receiving and storing of products.
- All foods/Preparation stored on the chiller must be Labelled.
- Manage other initiatives or duties as required.
- Follow the schedule produce by Team Leader/Sous Chef/Executive Chef.
- Participates in monthly inventory counts as required.
- Performs other initiatives or duty as required and assigned.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Grade 12 education or suitable combination of education and experience.
- Excellent English communication skills; both written and verbal
- Computer literacy in MS Office and asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a cook or at the apprentice level.
- Resort or Cruise Ship experience.
- Ability to read understand structure Recipes.
- Criminal record clearance is mandatory.
- Valid Health Card.
Are You That Person? Please send a detailed resume to:
The Director of Human Resources Coconut Bay Resort & Spa P.O. Box 246, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only suitable applications will be acknowledged.