Saint Lucia Tourism Authority - IT OPERATIONS & SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
IT OPERATIONS & SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
I. EMPLOYEE SPECIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent qualification; Microsoft Certifications in server configuration and Web Portal Management;
EXPERIENCE: At least three years of related work experience
COMPETENCIES: Expert knowledge of maintenance of computer equipment; Comprehensive knowledge of the operations of computer systems; Comprehensive knowledge of hardware and software support and maintenance in various environments i.e. UNIX, Windows OS, SQL Server, SharePoint, Windows Server, Microsoft Office suite etc.
- Good planning, organizing and problem-solving skills;
- Good time management skill;
- Good communication, team and interpersonal skills;
- Hardware troubleshooting skill
II. REPORTING AND ORGANIZATIONAL
REPORTS TO: Chief Corporate Officer
SUPERVISES: IT Support Technician
LIAISES WITH: Internally All Departments Externally Industry Partners, Government Departments & Agencies, General Public.
JOB SUMMARY: To manage the maintenance and administration of SLTA’s computer systems; create and disable user accounts as well as install and configure hardware equipment. The incumbent is also responsible for the maintenance of a secure, reliable and efficient computer environment that permits users to perform their functions effectively.
- Installs, maintains and upgrades servers, configures and adds new services as required and ensures that the server data is secure from unauthorized access at all times;
- Provides effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure;
- Creates and maintains user accounts (i.e. set, re-set, enable and disable user password and update user information);
- Installs, configures, and maintains network printers, Network Attached Storage (NAS), photocopiers, scanners and other network related devices;
- Monitors Antivirus server for current updates and ensures that computer systems are adequately updated;
- Schedules and supervises installation and repairs of computer systems and equipment;
- Schedules and supervises the preventative maintenance activities in the assigned area of responsibility;
- Examines systems in use and recommends modifications and changes;
- Recommends the procurement of computer parts and equipment;
- Implements and monitors systems and back-up procedures;
- Ensures ninety-eight (98%) up-time of all production systems, computer hardware and software, Wireless Links, Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) across designated TAJ locations;
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs;
- Diagnoses and analyses software errors and makes recommendations;
- Keeps abreast of trends and developments in Information Technology in particular hardware and software;
- Monitors the modification and installation of software applications in collaboration with Service providers;
- Generates and submits reports as requested;
- Applies patches and upgrades to the Operating System (OS) on a regular basis, and upgrades administrative tools and utilities;
- Ensures the security and integrity of the system by: - Maintaining user authorization file; - Conducting risk analysis and periodic review; - Responding to queries relating to hardware and software security and implementing on-going security awareness programmes for users; - Sensitizing staff members on the Security Policy document regarding the use of computer equipment;
- Provide advice and assistance to customers; troubleshoot complex problems; and provide support in a manner that minimizes interruptions in customers' ability to carry out critical business activities.
- Prepare standard login scripts and establishing network access protocols to enable customers to gain local or remote access.
- Review, validate, and standardize problem resolutions for inclusion in the problem resolution database.
- Provide technical support and expertise in resolving the most complex customer problems; e.g., by reimaging customer workstations and correcting other workstations affected by similar problems.
- Evaluate and report on new tools and trends in the customer support field such as browser-based and speech-enabled customer support services; organize vendor demonstration sessions for other specialists; and recommend purchase of new tools to enhance the delivery of customer support services.
- Conducts periodical reviews of direct reports in accordance with Work Plans;
- Completes performance assessments of staff and recommends appropriate training and development programmes as necessary;
- Initiates and participates in disciplinary proceedings relating to staff members within the section and implements corrective measures
- To generally assist in the work of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and undertake other duties which may be required from time to time as assigned by your Head of Department or CEO.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Required to work outside of normal working hours and out of office environment
- Expected to be on call when issues arise with the system
- Required to lift computer equipment.
Applications are invited from suitable qualified persons with full Curriculum Vitae and at least two references to be received no later than Monday 3rd February 2020 and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 221, Castries, Saint Lucia.
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged.