for the post of
Chief Executive Officer
The National Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (Commission) is seeking applications from interested persons for the position of Chief Executive Officer.
As the Chief Executive Officer of the Commission, the Chief Executive Officer is expected to provide leadership and direction to the activities pursued by the Office of the Commission, as well as to ensure that the Commission is properly advised on matters presented before it, in accordance with the Telecommunications legislative framework.
Specific Duties include:
The Chief Executive Officer will be under the direction and supervision of the Commission, to perform the following functions:
• The efficient conduct of its day-to-day affairs and management of staff of the Commission on such terms and conditions as the Commission determines and ensure compliance of the relevant legislation;
• Representation of the Commission both nationally and internationally, as appropriate;
• Carrying out the purpose of the Telecommunications le gislative framework;
• Ensuring preparation of meetings of the Commission and attendance of those meetings in compliance with the relevant legislation;
• Ensuring the preparation of technical and policy documents on electronic communications/
telecommunications development and de-regulation;
• Assisting in the formulation of policies and strategies for carrying out the responsibilities of the
Commission under its enabling main and subsidiary legislation;
• Planning, developing and implementing public relations strategies on matters relating to the
• Managing enquiries from the public and the media relating to the Commission's functions;
• Preparation and control of the Commission's Budget, and ensuring the timely and adequate recording, compilation and storage of the Commission's financial transactions and the periodic audit thereof;
• Ensuring the preparation and maintenance of such records of the Commission's proceedings as are required by legislation in force from time to time, including the first draft of the annual report;
• Initiating and maintaining effective professional relations with key internal and external stakeholders including ECTEL, Service Providers, such related national, regional, and international agencies and stakeholders, as may be necessary;
• Making recommendations to the Commission for the acquisition of such external expertise, as may be necessary for the accomplishment of the Commission's objectives
• Any other functions as provided for under the Telecommunications Act and Regulations of
Saint Lucia, as amended or replaced with a new enactment.
Qualifications and Experience
Candidates should normally possess:
1. The applicant must be a holder of a first degree and post-graduate qualification or other relevant professional qualification in one or more of the following fields:
finance and accounting; information and communications technology; electronic
communications/telecommunications, economic; law; competition; project management;
business administration; or regulatory experience and training.
2. At least seven (7) years' experience in a leadership/management position , preferably in the electronic communications/telecommunications industry or regulatory field, of which the last five (5) years should be at a level which involves participating in policy formulation;
3. Excellent communication skills- written and oral;
4. Strong Interpersonal skills;
5. Ability to work within a team with cross functional relationships; and
6. Proficient use of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access.
Familiarity with Microsoft Project would be an asset.
1. A competitive compensation package will be determined in accordance with qualifications and experience.
2. Emoluments will be subject to local income tax legislation.
An application should be accompanied by a Curriculum Vitae and the names of two (2)
referees, sent to the following address: -
National Telecommunications Regulatory Commission
P. 0. Box GM 690
Saint Lucia (W.I.)
Applications may also be hand delivered at the following address: -
Rajana Building Bois D'Orange Gros Islet
Or Emailed to the following email address: - email@example.com
To reach no later than, May 20, 2022