VACANCY NOTICE – CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO)
The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority invites applicants for the position of Chief Financial Officer based in Saint Lucia. Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer, the CFO is accountable for the accurate reporting of financial results and management of the Authority’s financial affairs. The CFO is also responsible for planning,coordinating and controlling the finance and accounting functions of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority. The specific duties for this position are outlined below:
Financial Planning and Analysis
· Manage the financial reporting for the organization, including monthly financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, 5-year financial plans and all statutory financial reporting.
· Provide sound financial support and insights to enable SLTA to make critical business decisions.
· Presentation of financial results and insights to the Board.
· Play a vital role in the formulation of the business’s strategy.
· Manage and oversee the taxation affairs of the SLTA.
· Manage and oversee cash flow, ensuring appropriate controls.
· Management of the External Auditor relationship and ensuring that the SLTA complies with international accounting standards.
· Manage and oversee the SLTA’s banking and borrowing arrangements as well as financial systems.
· Manage the Authority’s investment portfolio.
· Conducts analyses and feasibility studies regarding proposed investments.
· Develops and makes recommendations for the prudent investment of funds, including cost/benefit and risk analysis.
· Risk Management to ensure the business has a solid risk framework in place.
· Advise on market changes and provide strategic financial recommendations to the SLTA.
· Oversee Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Financial and Management Accounting functions.
· Advise and implement best practice methods to increase revenue and reduce costs
· Ensures the proper maintenance of the accounting systems, including computerized systems and internal controls
· Ensures all routine reports are timely, accurate and complete.
· Develop policies and procedures to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting system
· Implement measures to ensure the protection of the Authority’s assets.
· Ensure the timely preparation of the Authority’s budgets, including but not limited to the master budget.
· Monitors performance against budget and reports on variances.
· Manage and track budget and accounting information, including billing, collections and tax information.
· Determine the Finance KPI’s and establish annual performance objectives with staff, and meets with them periodically to discuss their performance
· Counsels staff on efficiencies regarding their performance and guides them on improving, including recommending training etc.
· Conducts performance reviews and appraisals as prescribed.
· Coordinates the work of staff and reviews their work to ensure that it meets the Authority’s standards
· Makes recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer regarding salary increases, promotions and disciplinary action for employees supervised.
· Generally, facilitate the work of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and undertake other duties that may be assigned by the Chief Executive Officer
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field (MBA preferred) Professional Accounting qualification such as – ACCA, CGA, CPA, CIMA plus training in management/administration.
· At least five years in a senior financial managerial position with a proven record of success.
· Possess sound decision-making skills based on accurate and timely analyses;
· Results Oriented and metrics-driven with exceptional time management skill
· Outstanding interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and manage staff at all levels;
· Ability to lead by example and demonstrate a strong sense of integrity, ethics and dependability;
· Possess strategic thinking, planning and creative problem-solving skills;
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Ability to collaborate with the team to organize, plan and achieve company financial goals;
· Advanced computer software skills, including Sage, Excel and other financial reporting software
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
APPLICATIONS WITH RECENT CURRICULUM VITAE/RESUME AND TWO REFERENCES
SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, SAINT LUCIA TOURISM AUTHORITY, P.O. BOX 221, CASTRIES, SAINT LUCIA AND SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AT CEO@STLUCIA.ORG BY FRIDAY 22nd APRIL 2022.
ONLY SUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL BE ACKNOWLEDGED.