Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
NATIONAL FARMERS AND GENERAL WORKERS
CO-OPERATIVE CREDIT UNION SOCIETY LIMITED
Job Vacancy Notice
The Credit Union is seeking a dynamic, passionate, empathetic, and dedicated individual to head the Collections Department. The individual must also appreciate teamwork and the benefits team building activities.
JOB TITLE: SENIOR COLLECTIONS OFFICER
DUTIES AND TASKS
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Undertake collections to recover funds from delinquent Members from 15 days past due and above
2. To manage and control matters relating to delinquent accounts by constantly executing collection and recovery procedures as prescribed by the Loans and Delinquency Policy and ensuring the prescribed appropriate actions are taken
3. Prepare report on members in relation to what actions should be taken with the delinquent loans. Recommendations should include whether they can be recovered, restructured, repossessed, sent to the lawyer or written off.
4. Visit delinquent Members weekly by locating the Members via background checks, loan documents, other paperwork etc.
5. Liaise with the General Manager and Credit Committee (CC) and make recommendation to improve the loans underwriting process and portfolio quality of the various loan products.
6. Prepare reports as per requirement of the Societies Act, Management and any other pertinent reports as required
7. To assist in formulating and the implementation of appropriate policies and benchmarks for adoption within the organization and or to improve the Loans & Delinquency Policy
8. Perform administrative work or other job functions related to collection and recoveries
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Required standard office skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, basic accounting concepts, with great interpersonal skills, fluent in creole, strong reporting and communication skills, good initiative, honesty, integrity and ethical, and suitably professional in appearance and behaviour.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance from a recognized institution. With at least two (2) years working experience in a Collections position, and in a supervisory role. or
Associate Degree in Accounting, or Business Administration or equal qualification from a recognized institution. With at least five (5) years’ experience working in a Collections position, in a supervisory role.
Salary shall be commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualification and experience.
Interested applicants should apply via email to HR@nfgwccu.org; to reach no later than Friday 29 July, 2022. Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.