Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Job title: Research & Development Technician
Reports to: Senior Engineer – Product Development & Training
Department: Product Development & Training
IBS is a forward-thinking company focused on delivering cutting edge technological solutions to its customers. To accomplish this, it important that the company has the best products, and its staff are competent for sales, implementation and maintenance of the solutions sold.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Engineer of Product Development & Training, the R & D Technician will assist the department in product development initiatives for the organization as well as aiding in the various training initiatives of the business.
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES & DUTIES
Assist design and development projects for new products, product/process changes and enhancements including related testing, tooling, and fixtures.
- Researches and monitors existing client base and industry developments and identifies potential new product opportunities.
- Testing of New products to ensure they meet expectations.
- Testing of existing products to provide additional solutions and functionality.
- Examine existing installation practices and develop potential improvements.
Assist in the organization’s training program
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of all systems, products and services through research, meetings and attending courses.
- Assist the Senior Engineer and other line managers in preparing documentation for training programs and knowledge transfer.
- Assist in the documentation of all installed systems and solutions.
- Assist in providing training to customers and internal staff as may be required
To be an escalation point for support within the organization. Technical issues that cannot be resolved by lower levels of support staff are escalated to the Tier 2 Support who is capable of troubleshooting and resolving the most difficult and complicated issues.
- Responsible for reproducing / confirming product defects.
- Act as a back–up for lower-level Technical Support Engineers and Technicians.
- Create technical bulletins to serve as a job aid and expand the knowledge base for handling support issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Team player with excellent interpersonal and networking skills, and ability to develop and maintain relationships with team members, staff, partners, and stakeholders at all levels.
Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to draft correspondence and present verbal and written reports independently.
Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Independent problem solving, self- directed, with ability to recognize when to refer the problem to the next level of support.
Excellent time management and priority management skills
Confidential, discrete, ethical, and trustworthy.
Self-starter with the ability to multi-task effectively and independently within a fast-paced environment
Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies.
Working knowledge of LAN, Wireless, Server and Firewall Technologies
Basic knowledge of Cloud Computing Concepts
Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows operating Systems
Keeps abreast with latest technology trends and patterns as it relates to business systems.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Information Technology
Minimum of two years’ experience in an information technology role
CompTIA A+ and/or Network+
Cisco, Fortinet, Microsoft, AWS Certifications desirable
If you think you have the skillset to excel in this role, send us your CV to HR@ibsstlucia.com
Deadline for Applications is November 30th, 2021
Only suitable candidate will be shortlisted and acknowledged