Renwick & Company LTD - Agricultural Field Officer
Title: Agricultural Field Officer
- To promote Garden Centre sales via on farm visits and recommendations, daily interaction with farmers and stakeholders, to engage in all activities geared towards meeting the objectives of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Jointly develop with the Manager, sales budgets and targets for each agricultural product and assist in the achievement of sales targets.
- Conduct demonstrations/trials for agricultural products sold by the company.
- Assist suppliers and principals in planning and hosting technical training meetings.
- Maintain close liaison with key players in the agricultural industry regarding: Promotional activities of competitors in the agricultural industry.
- The monitoring of inventory levels of all products supplied by the company.
- Joint demonstrations and trials as required.
- Provide updated information on new products introductions into the local market.
- Offer technical assistance to the island’s farmers, and other players in the agricultural industry as required.
- Continuously monitor the physical condition of all the company’s products in the market-place to ensure that these products are at all times in good condition and properly displayed in keeping with the standards established by the company and our suppliers.
- Carry out product stewardship activities organized by the company.
- Constantly monitor all activities being carried out in the market-place and reporting on these developments to your superiors.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to your superior on the previous week’s activities.
- Prepare jointly with Garden Centre Manager and/or supplier representatives a monthly schedule of activities that will be executed by yourself.
- Activities planned must be executed within a particular timeframe but may be adjusted or re-scheduled only upon agreement with your supervisor.
- Assist in conducting technical training and provide support to Garden Centre staff and local distributors as required.
- Continually advise users on the safe and proper application of all the company’s products. Identify potential business opportunities.
- Create and maintain a customer database as per established company standards.
- Protect and defend the company’s interest at all times by maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity in all of your interactions with customers and suppliers.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge, both technical and commercial on all products available in our portfolio.
- Associates degree in agricultural science
- CXC mathematics, English, and agricultural science.
- 3 years hands on experience in pesticides management and application techniques.
- Ability to recognize and diagnose plant and animal diseases.
- Must own a vehicle in order to perform duties.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be fluent in creole.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Ability to sell well.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to establish credibility but be able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Results oriented, but have sound judgment
- Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
- Sound character, honesty and integrity.
- Neat and professional appearance.
All interested persons are required to submit an application to HR on or before Monday 3rd September, 2018.
Please deliver applications to the HR Department or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only suitable candidates will be shortlisted.