Creative Associates International – Office Administrator
Position – Office Administrator
Position Location: St. Lucia
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID Community, Family, and Youth Resilience (CFYR) program offers a public health model approach to violence prevention, using primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention interventions, along with law enforcement to reduce the rate of juvenile offenders in target countries, place youth leaving the juvenile justice system in diversion programs, improve the skills of the workforce, and provide specialized services to youth at the highest risk of engaging in violence, among others. The program operates in St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis and Guyana.
The Office Admin will be responsible for presenting to all visitors and callers to the CFYR Office in St Lucia a positive and efficient approach to their enquiries, answering the PBX, following up on administrative duties as assigned.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Office Admin in St Lucia reports to the Operations Manager.
- Receive and greet all program visitors and notify concerned staff of visitor arrivals; directing them to appropriate office;
- Maintain a register for all visitors signing-in and signing-out, as appropriate;
- Take messages for absent staff and ensure timely delivery to the office or the individual staff member, including telephone calls to staff when necessary; and
- Manage office reception area, ensure the availability reading materials, and control of visitor access to the offices.
- Support the Operations Manager in preparing, tracking, filing, following up on documentation and tasks
- Maintain up-to-date official contact and telephone listings for program personnel and outside contacts, including but not limited to, NGOs, government offices, local and international businesses;
- Organize and manage project administrative bulletin and announcement boards – both hard and soft copy, posting and removing documents as required and directed by the manager;
- Arrange road transfers for CFYR team members using approved drivers for program business
- Deliver and route messages, internal and external letters and other correspondence to project staff. Collect mail from PO Box and arrange dispatch of items as required.
- Distribute, monitor, control and inventory all office expendable clerical and other supplies;
- Prepare requests for quotations, negotiate, conduct analysis, and recommend vendors for delivery of goods and materials to grantees.
- Work with vendors of goods and services to ensure quality.
- Assist with invitations to potential vendors to compete offers for the purchase of goods or services including under grants, either through direct, bid invitation, or other mechanism that ensures high standards of transparency.
- Participate in evaluation committees for proposals submitted by the various vendors, according to the solicited terms of reference and regulations.
- Process procurements according to rules and regulations.
- Take and prepare minutes of meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Associate Degree in management or office skills or other relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years general work experience and 2 plus years of specific experience in a similar position, preferably with NGOs, international organization or USAID funded project.
- Excellent oral and written English; patois speaking an asset
- Administration, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven experience in Microsoft Office essential.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in English for both oral and written communication.
- Team player, including cultural and gender sensitivity.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and within a team, supporting other team members whilst multi-tasking.