Bay Gardens Resorts - Gift Shop Attendant
Department: Gift Shop
Job Title: Gift Shop Attendant
Reports To: General Manager
The ideal candidate will oversee the day-to-day operations of the gift shop and will be directly responsible for prompt, efficient and courteous service to patrons of the gift shop.
Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Source merchandize for the gift shop adhering to acceptable purchasing techniques to maximize profitability.
- Build and maintain a strong relationship with vendors.
- Price merchandise appropriately.
- Maintain documentation, reports and records of all purchases and shop sales.
- Maintain appropriate change for shop operations each day.
- Perform daily reconciliation of sales including credit card and cash payments.
- Ensure that the physical environment of the gift shop is as aesthetically pleasing as possible by employing visual display and merchandising techniques consistent with high quality retail operations.
- Have on record an inventory control system to maintain adequate gift shop inventory.
- Establish controls needed to monitor & demonstrate accountability for the operation of the gift shop.
- Restock merchandise and maintain desired cleanliness on the selling floor.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and busy environment
- Highly focused with a keen eye for detail
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Possess sound judgement and work with minimal supervision.
High school graduate or equivalent with passes in English Language and Mathematics mandatory.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a retail management, visual merchandising or related field.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday 6th September 2018. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.