OPENING SOON, NOW HIRING…
TITLE: Accounts Clerk (Two (2) Positions, work will be divided between Payables and Receivables)
REPORTS TO: Financial Reporting Manager
LOCATION: Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
TYPE: Full Time
The Accounts Clerk will be responsible for the accurate recording and reconciliation of accounting data in a timely and efficient manner. There are two Accounts Clerk positions available, where the focus of one will be on Accounts Payables and the other on Accounts Receivables. The Accounts Payables incumbent will ensure that vendors and suppliers are paid within established time limits and that the processing and monitoring of receipts and statements are accurate. The Accounts Receivables incumbent will ensure that aged receivables are maintained well within the credit established time limits.
- Review and reconciliation of Excellent Stores (Saint Lucia) Limited end of day statements.
- Administer cash in transit activities.
- Processing of foreign Accounts Payables.
- Reconciliation of Travel expenses and Supplier statements.
- Receive and verify invoices for the receiving of goods and services.
- Verify that transactions comply with accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure accurate entry of invoices in order to process payments.
- Record all cheque vouchers in numerical sequence and by company.
- Prepare manual cheques when required.
- Prepare vendor cheques for mailing.
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents.
- Maintain accounts receivable customer files both electronic and physical.
- Review customer and credit application forms for completeness.
- Responsible for resolving customer queries.
- Ensure monthly up to date account statements are sent to customers.
- Review and correct the posting of daily sales from branches.
- Review Bank Statements and conduct Bank Reconciliations to ensure receipts are cleared into bank accounts.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of deposit slips and posting of payments received.
- Monitor customer accounts and aged receivable reports for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- Administer and record all remedial actions recommended by Management.
Perform any other related duties and responsibilities assigned
- Completed ACCA Level 1 or CAT.
- Five (5) O’Level passes including Math and English.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an accounting environment.
- Proficiency in the use of Accounting Software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working in a dynamic environment of change.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing environments and changing priorities.
- Ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Accurate numeracy skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to observe and maintain confidentially in the performance of duties.
- Must be flexible, honest and reliable.
- Must be pro-active, highly motivated, with great enthusiasm and proven team player.
Interested persons please forward resume to:
Subject: St Lucia - Accounts Clerk
Call us at +1 868 225-1010 Ext. 2126/2106
Fax#- +1 868 671-2070