Bay Gardens Resorts
Reports To: Maintenance Managers and Maintenance Coordinator
To carry out any air conditioning work within the resort on instructions from a supervisor and to the required resort standard.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
• To maintain the highest standards of guest care and service throughout your departmental area at all times.
• To demonstrate a good standard of social skills to the guest and working colleagues.
• To familiarize yourself with departmental standards of performance and to be able to demonstrate their applications.
• To arrive for your working shift on time as per your departmental schedule wearing a uniform that does not deviate from the hotel standard.
• To possess the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out AIR CONDITIONING jobs within the resort to the required standard.
• To requisition the necessary equipment and materials from your supervisor to complete the task.
• To clean the area in the resort where you have worked upon completion of the air condition jobs.
• To be responsible for the security and maintenance of your tools and equipment used during air conditioning duties.
• To be safety conscious at all times with regard to yourself, guests and staff within the area where you are working.
• To install, inspect, maintain and repair all air conditions.
• To ventilate equipment and controls making sure they operate efficiently and continuously.
• To perform regular maintenance works on cooling units.
• To diagnose electrical and mechanical defects and malfunctions.
• To inspect and maintain refrigerators and ice makers.
• To clean filters, blowers and coils, check tensions of belts and motors.
• To be able to work in confined and hot spaces like roofs, crawl ways and attics.
• To be able to lift heavy objects, bend, stoop, kneel, or stand for long stretches of time.
• To be able to work in places where you are exposed to dust, fumes, noise, toxic materials and high voltage equipment.
• To act in accordance with your responsibilities detailed in the hotel health and safety policy.
• To ensure that all accidents or near accidents caused by departmental hazards are reported to your supervisor/head of department.
• To know the principles of air conditioning unit repair and maintenance, including controls, safety practices, procedures and tools used.
• To familiarize yourself with and act upon the hotel standards for staff discipline and grievance matters.
• To be security conscious at all times with respect to guest/staff/hotel property/welfare and to report any suspicious circumstances to your supervisor/head of department.
• To attend all meetings that may be beneficial to you or your department on request from your supervisor/head of department.
• To attend all training sessions/courses that may be beneficial to the development of your working knowledge / skills upon request from your Supervisor / Department Head.
• To cooperate and communicate with your colleagues, supervisors/head of department and management to ensure effective departmental teamwork.
• To carry out any other reasonable tasks requested by your supervisor/head of department or management.
• Must have good understanding of the English Language.
• A working knowledge of refrigerants used in commercial and residential applications, with demonstrated customer services skills.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience as an AC Technician is required.
Applications may be sent to:
Application deadline: Tuesday 14th November 2017.
Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.