The St. Lucia Teachers’ Credit Co-operative Ltd. is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of Compliance Officer at our Castries branch.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Provides monthly and quarterly compliance reports to the General Manager and Board of Directors respectively.
2. Organizes annual training for Management, Staff, Board of Directors and Committee Members.
3. Conducts internal AML audit assessments on an ongoing basis and facilitates independent AML audits.
4. Reviews completed ISAR and DSOF forms for accuracy and completeness.
5. Acts as a liaison to regulators reporting suspicious transactions with the preparation and submission of all relevant reports.
6. Reviews new membership files to ensure compliance and accuracy.
7. Acts as a custodian of all AML/CFT/CPF documentation/files.
8. Development of procedures to ensure high ethical standards of employees.
9. Make any necessary modifications to the AML/CFT/CPF program as may be dictated by various factors such as new legislations, new and emerging risks and international best practices.
10. Reviews daily reports to monitor client activity.
11. Respond to and liaise with external stakeholders on AML/CFT/CPF matters.
12. Ensures that the AML/CFT/CPF Policy is renewed at a minimum on an annual basis.
13. Participate in Compliance forums where required.
Skills & Competencies
• Possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail-oriented, team player and a multi-tasker
• Works ethically and with integrity;
• Upholds organizational values;
• Effective problem-solving
• Analytical thinker
• Possess a high level of confidentiality
• Assessment and interpretation skills
• Willingness for continuous learning and development
Qualifications and Experience
A BSc. in Business, Finance or a related field with at least 3 years experience in a similar position.
Any international specialization or certification in AML for example ACAMS.
Familiarity with the rules and regulations governing the Credit Union or a financial organization will be an asset.
All applications should be forwarded with the following; CV, cover letter, certified copies of certificates and two (2) recent references. Applications should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be addressed to The General Manager, St. Lucia Teachers’ Credit Co-operative Ltd. Deadline for receipt of applications will be Tuesday 14th November, 2023. Please note only suitable applicants will be considered.