The St. Lucia Teachers’ Credit Co-operative Ltd. is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of Loan Admin./Securities Officer at our Castries branch.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for ensuring that all securities, including promissory notes, mortgages, bills of sale, insurances, are accurately captured in the system.
2. Follow up with members and insurance companies to ensure that our securities are updated.
3. Responsible for tracking renewal of securities which includes insurances and bill of sale documents.
4. Responsible for ensuring that the collateral security pledged by the member meets the criteria set out in the credit policy.
5. Assist with the booking and coordinating of loan appointments.
6. Act as primary liaison with all member personnel, counterparties and staff regarding loan administration.
7. Assist with monitoring of delinquency and contacting delinquent members.
8. Assist with the cross and up selling of the Credit Union’s products and services
9. Encourage member share & loan growth
10. Prepare loan disbursement letters to lawyers, banks, etc.
11. Perform credit checks on members.
12. Assist with preparation of loan commitment letters.
13. Assist with preparation of loan files and documentation requests for internal and external audits/exams.
14. Any other duties as assigned by Management.
Skills & Competencies
• Possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills
• Detail-oriented, team player and a multi-tasker
• Customer service oriented
• Works ethically and with integrity;
• Upholds organizational values;
• Computer literate
• Analytical thinker
• Possess a high level of confidentiality
• Ability to work under pressure with accuracy
Qualifications and Experience
− An Associate Degree or CAPE in Business OR a related field OR a combination of education and experience necessary to successfully perform the essential duties of the role.
− Must pursue a program for personal and professional development
− Must be conversant with loans underwriting techniques, security/collateral documentation and
− Familiarity with the rules and regulations governing the Credit Union or in a financial customer-focused organization will be an asset
All applications should be forwarded with the following; CV, cover letter, certified copies of certificates and two (2) recent references. Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com and should be addressed to The General Manager, St. Lucia Teachers’ Credit Co-operative Ltd. Deadline for receipt of applications will be Tuesday 14th November, 2023. Please note only suitable applicants will be considered.