The St. Lucia Teachers’ Credit Co-operative Ltd. is seeking a suitable candidate to fill the position of Accounts Clerk at our Castries branch.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that custodial practices and cash security are maintained in accordance with guidelines as set out in the Operations Manual.
2. Assist with receiving and checking Teller’s end of day cash balances and informing the Accounting Officer and Management, on the same day, of any outages or overages.
3. Perform spot checks (every two weeks) to verify all transactions (cash, cheque and journal entries) by the Tellers to the Members’ Ledger and General Leger Accounts. Details of review should be documented.
4. Ensure that financial entries (debits and credits) are accurately entered.
5. Assist with the preparation and disbursement of payment vouchers for approved expenses.
6. Process all Medical Insurance, FIP, Critical Rider and Advance Protector transactions and all other insurance related transactions. This involves posting of the standing orders (premiums), process payments, claims, applications, queries, call for payments and the preparation of all the necessary reports. Monthly reports are required for all outstanding premiums for each insurance and a listing of all CUNA outstanding Documentation for collection (FIP Certificates and letters for members). Contact members to collect all relevant documents.
7. Process all Loan Protection and Life Savings Death and Disability applications. Prepare Loans Protection and Life Savings (LPLS) monthly reports. Contact beneficiaries to collect payments for deceased members.
8. Responsible for preparing the reconciliation of all bank accounts. The operating account has to be reconciled bi-monthly up to the 15th and last day of each month. All other bank accounts will be reconciled on a monthly basis as well as the entry of financial and other relevant accounting information.
9. Enter financial and other relevant information into member’s electronic data base.
10. Assist with verifying cash from the bank.
11. Assist with preparation of cash and cheques for deposits to the bank.
12. Provides assistance during external audits.
13. Posting of all payrolls including Government, Millenium Heights and SALCC deductions and the reconciliation of all payroll deductions with that of the respective GL account. Review exception reports and make all necessary adjustments to the salary allocations.
14. Assist with the cross and up selling of the Credit Union’s products and services.
15. Encourage member share growth.
16. Any other duties as assigned by the Accounting Officer or Management.
Qualifications and Skills
− An Associate Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, CAPE OR relevant qualification in a Professional Finance/Accounting/Business Program OR a combination of education and experience necessary to successfully perform the essential duties of the job of an Accounts Clerk
− Minimum of two years experience in a similar role
− Must pursue a program for personal and professional development especially in the field of
− Possess a high level of confidentiality
− Familiarity with the rules and regulations governing the credit union or a financial institution will be an asset
− Must be computer literate
− Must be very bright, energetic, organized, detail-oriented and flexible
− Possess a high level of interpersonal and communication skills
− Multi-tasker and team-player
− Analytical thinker wo operates with autonomy
− Proficient in Microsoft excel
All applications should be forwarded with the following; CV, cover letter, certified copies of certificates and two (2) recent references. Applications should be forwarded to email@example.com and should be addressed to The General Manager, St. Lucia Teachers’ Credit Co-operative Ltd. Deadline for receipt of applications will be Tuesday 8th November, 2023. Please note only suitable applicants will be considered.