Vacancy - Administrative Assistant
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT A growing distribution company is seeking a mature, detail oriented, professional individual to join its team. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing administrative functions and providing support across the organization. The successful candidate will also be required to welcome and greet visitors to the business, as well as efficiently coordinate front-desk activities, including distributing correspondence and redirecting phone calls.
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing them appropriately.
- Notifies company personnel of visitor arrival.
- Supports continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office • Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook)
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock
- Update calendars and schedule meetings
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing and faxing
- Prepare and type company emails, memos, and other correspondence
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Any other duties assigned by Management JOB
- Minimum five (5) CXC passes including Math & English
- Diploma/Associates Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Experience in a similar position would be an asset
- Strong computer and other technological skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Great time management skill
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team (with minimal supervision)
- Detail oriented
- High levels of accuracy and confidentiality
- Extremely proactive
‘Interested persons are required to submit an application with a CV along with copies of certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ADMIN ASSISTANT” no later than March 15, 2020.