Goddard Enterprises ltd - IT Network Engineer
The Goddard Group IT Department is seeing an IT Network Engineer to support the Group IT Department, to design, build and implement network systems across the enterprise. The IT Network engineer is responsible for planning, development, installation, configuration, maintenance, support and continuous improvement of all local and wide are network connections, corporate servers, associated software and communication links. In addition to troubleshooting network performance issues, analyzing network traffic, providing capacity planning solutions, resolving hardware and software network problems and providing end-user training and support where required.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Daily operations including; monitoring, maintenance, installation, configuration and administration of the networks and telecommunications systems across the group of companies
- To assist with the procuring, planning, design, installation and configuration of computer network and telephony hardware, operating systems and to support the roll-out of new applications as required
- To provide primary network and remote connectivity hardware/software support to users on an ongoing basis through various modes of communication, such as face-to-face on the phone, via email or chat ensuring a high level of customer service always
- To assist in the planning, implementation, monitoring and documentation of network security across the GEL group
- To plan and coordinate the network preventative maintenance schedule with wider IT team
- To assist in administration and preventative maintenance and repairs on servers and computer systems in order to keep the IT infrastructures running as smoothly as possible
Required Competency Skills & Behavioural Attributes
The knowledge and experience of the following would be considered an asset:
- LAN/WAN administration and Cisco devices
- Network+ or Cisco certification
- Certified Ethical Hacker
- DOS in the use of windows environments and Batch Scripting
- Administration of Servers with Windows, Linux an dUNix
- Database Administration
- Asterisk, SIP and VOIP Technology
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize multiple activities and experience working under pressure and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively present and work with staff at all levels in both IT and business functions
Academic Requirements & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- A minimum of three years’ experience with a variety of Information Technology environments - LAN/WANs, Operating Systems such as Windows, UNIX and Open source platforms
This position will be based in St.Lucia and is a travelling role. Applicants must be holders of a passport valid for regional and international travel. This job will require periodic scheduled and unscheduled travel, working out of respective GEL businesses.
The salary for the above position is based on qualifications and experience. Package to include group medical and life insurance group pension, access to training and development, group discounts and more.
Applicants must submit a resume with two professional references and certified copies of relevant qualifications
Deadline for applications is March 13, 2020
Please visit our website at www.themandcgroup.com to apply
Only suitable candidates will be contacted for interview.