Unicomer (Saint Lucia) Limited - OECS PR & Events Officer
Unicomer (Saint Lucia) Limited is seeking to recruit an OECS PR & Events Officer for its OECS operations. The successful candidate will report to the OECS Brand Manager, and will be responsible for planning, implementing and assessing all aspects of public relations, sponsorship opportunities and other company events, so as to strengthen the Unicomer Brands and maintain a sustainable competitive advantage. The Job-Holder will be based in St. Lucia and must therefore be prepared to travel to the company’s various business units.
Key Areas of Accountabilities
- The planning, implementation and evaluation of all major OECS PR & Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities & events as discussed and agreed with the OECS Brand Manager
- Organizing of in-store activities for all OECS Unicomer business units and ensuring compliance throughout the business
- Review and actions sponsorship and donation requests as discussed units and ensuring execution compliance throughout the business
- Organize media coverage and ‘Outside Broadcasts’ through strategic content marketing to represent the various unicomer business units on radio “talk time”, and other electronic media, social/digital and print media
- Prepare and maintain weekly radio”talk time” schedules, outlining the details of current promotions and the talk time allocations for each brand and the corresponding offers.
- Engage in relationship marketing with all relevant stakeholders, employing a targeted communication approach based on market segmentation analysis
- Planning and preparation of all press releases, public advisories & notices to create awareness and to build the Unicomer brands
- Effectively communicate with Unicomer employees with the view to engaging and informing the target audience of upcoming events.
Minimum Experience, Skills & Qualification
- Degree or Associate Degree in Business, Marketing, Project Management or similar fields
- A minimum of two years in a retail and/or marketing position
- Computer literacy MS Office Suite - proficiency in spread sheet and presentation software
- Project Management experience would be an asset
- Attention to detail
- Excellent management skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organization skills
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve targets;
- Commercial awareness
Interested candidates please email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before March 7th, 2018.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.