Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) - Senior Manager - Human Resources
The Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) invites suitably qualified persons to apply for the position of: SENIOR MANAGER - HUMAN RESOURCES
WHY CHOOSE SLASPA?
The Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) is a Statutory body of the Government of Saint Lucia. SLASPA handles approximately 600,000 tons of cargo, facilitates over 800,000 travelers, safely lands 40,000 aircraft and berths over 1000 vessels per year. To put it into perspective, everything Saint Lucians and visitors eat, wear or drive from foreign markets and the inputs or machinery needed for local manufacturers comes through one of the ports of entry managed by SLASPA.
Similarly SLASPA plays an integral role in the export of locally produced goods to foreign markets. With such an important role, SLASPA ensures that Saint Lucia’s ports of entry are well managed and has therefore invested heavily in service delivery over the past few years.
When you choose SLASPA, you are choosing a company that focuses on job creation, professional development and career advancement. Join our team of professionals if you want to make your career aspirations a reality. Better careers start here.
Reporting to the General Manager / Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Manager, Human Resources will lead the overall provision of all human resources services, policies and programs for the entire organization to attract, develop and retain a dynamic team of competent employees. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for strategic human resources planning and developing human resources aligned with the Authority’s overall strategic plan.
ACCOUNT ABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops change management implementation strategies for the successful execution of human resource change initiatives to reduce resistance and foster positive acceptance of changes.
- Manages HR staff in order to create an effective team that provides outstanding levels of customer service to all departments and staff.
- Manages the effective utilization of all human resources technology systems and programs, including the HR sections of the Authority’s intranet.
- Manages the development and implementation of a training plan for the Authority for the delivery of programs that are tailored to address the specific skill gaps of staff at all levels.
- Leads the development and implementation of succession plans to maintain appropriate staffing levels and ensure continuity of work.
- Develops an overall recruitment strategy for the identification and selection of competent employees.
- Partners with management to mediate workplace disputes and ensure grievances are addressed effectively and in a timely manner.
- Leads the administration and negotiation of union contracts.
- Meets with the relevant Trade Unions to resolve disputes and grievances and gain support for the implementation of new policies, programs and procedure.
- Proficient in interpreting human resource and other pertinent policies, Labour Laws, Collective Agreements and other relevant legislation.
- Sound knowledge of Saint Lucia’s Labour Act (2006) and its amendments.
- Thorough knowledge of grievance and conflict resolution procedures.
- Sound knowledge of collective bargaining procedures.
- Knowledge of SLASPA from a global perspective and its relationship with other stakeholders.
- Knowledge of human resources principles and best practices, including occupational health and safety standards.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Strong skill in mediating workplace disputes.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong change management, presentation, facilitation and influencing skills.
At least a Master’s Degree from a recognized University in Human Resources Management or a related Behavioural Science field of study such as Industrial Psychology or Industrial Relations.
EXPERIENCE: At least ten (10) years of human resources experience in a unionized environment with a minimum of five (5) of these years in a senior human resources role.
Method Of Application: Applicants must complete the approved SLASPA Application Form which can be found on the Authority’s website at https://goo.gl/SzD1xG or at SLASPA Headquarters.
Completed Application Forms should be accompanied by certified copies of qualifications and should be addressed to:
General Manager (Ag) Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) Manoel Street P.O. Box 651, Castries
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be clearly marked with the appropriate position being applied for.
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.
Deadline: May 8th 2018