In his New Year Address to the Nation, Prime Minister Hon. Allen Chastanet updated the nation on plans for the upgrade of the Castries harbour and the construction of a cruise ship port in Vieux Fort.
The prime minister explained that the southern cruise port will complement the redeveloped Hewanorra International Airport “as people will be able to get off their chartered flights and go straight onto the cruise ships, within minutes.”
Plans are moving forward on these two investments which will give Saint Lucia a strategic advantage in the region.
Prime Minister Chastanet will, over the next two, days be meeting with Carnival Cruise Line officials in Miami to discuss plans for the southern port. The prime minister is accompanied by Minister for Infrastructure, Ports, Energy and Labour, Hon. Stephenson King, and Acting General Manager of SLASPA, Mr. Daren Cenac.
While in Miami, the prime minister will also meet with management of MSC Cruises to continue discussions on the Castries port and Saint Lucia’s hospitality training programme and facilitating employment for young persons in the cruise industry.
In the prime minister’s absence, Minister for Economic Development, Housing, Urban Renewal, Transport and Civil Aviation, Honourable Guy Joseph, will serve as Acting Prime Minister.
Saint Lucian Sophie Klein wins TEECA Caribbean Entrepreneurship Challenge and EUR 10.000 to develop her business
Top Posts & Pages
- Vacancy - Hotel Positions Deadline for application July 31st 2019.
- Branch Supervisor
- Sagicor - Administrative Assistant (Sales Department) by Monday July 22, 2019
- Uni-V St. Lucia Limited - Luxury Vacation Specialist Deadline for applications is Monday 22nd July 2019
- Solar Dynamics Ltd - Inventory Clerk
- Government of Saint Lucia - Wrap-Around Officers – Youth Empowerment Project.(RFE)
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort - Stewards, Steward (Shift Leader) & Housemen Deadline for applications is July 31, 2019