In his New Year Address to the Nation, Prime Minister Hon. Allen Chastanet updated the nation on plans for the upgrade of the Castries harbour and the construction of a cruise ship port in Vieux Fort.
The prime minister explained that the southern cruise port will complement the redeveloped Hewanorra International Airport “as people will be able to get off their chartered flights and go straight onto the cruise ships, within minutes.”
Plans are moving forward on these two investments which will give Saint Lucia a strategic advantage in the region.
Prime Minister Chastanet will, over the next two, days be meeting with Carnival Cruise Line officials in Miami to discuss plans for the southern port. The prime minister is accompanied by Minister for Infrastructure, Ports, Energy and Labour, Hon. Stephenson King, and Acting General Manager of SLASPA, Mr. Daren Cenac.
While in Miami, the prime minister will also meet with management of MSC Cruises to continue discussions on the Castries port and Saint Lucia’s hospitality training programme and facilitating employment for young persons in the cruise industry.
In the prime minister’s absence, Minister for Economic Development, Housing, Urban Renewal, Transport and Civil Aviation, Honourable Guy Joseph, will serve as Acting Prime Minister.
Top Posts & Pages
- Windward Islands (WINERA) Packaging Co Ltd - Stores Attendant Closing date for applications is February 28, 2019
- Sandals Grande St. Lucia Spa & Beach Resort - Restaurant Server Deadline for submission: Friday 22nd February 2019
- Peter’s Holding Ltd (Nissan) - Vehicle Sales Representative no later than Friday 21st 2019.
- Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) - I.T. Applications Administrator DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: Monday 1st March, 2019
- CPJ St. Lucia Limited - Senior Procurement & Pricing Officer Deadline for applications is Friday February 22, 2019
- Vacancy - General Assistant/Messenger Deadline: February 28, 2019
- Medical Air Services Association - Sales Manager
- Creative Associates International - Field Coordinator - Saint Lucia Deadline 1 March 2019.
- Vacancy - Collections Officer