First Citizens Investment Services Limited - Trader
First Citizens CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Applications are hereby invited for the position of Trader - First Citizens Investment Services, St. Lucia.
The incumbent will be responsible for trading of securities on the Eastern Caribbean Securities Exchange on behalf of clients and for the company’s proprietary portfolio. Responsible for putting up the client bids in the auctions of Government Treasury Securities on the trading platform of the Eastern Caribbean Securities Exchange. Also responsible for equity trades of clients and all administrative functions related to the ECSE. The incumbent must be a Licensed Registered Representative of the ECSE.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs ECSE Registered Representative functions executing trades, monitoring auction processes on the Primary and Secondary Market platforms and performing post auction processing
- Review purchase orders and other ECSE administrative documents processed by Investment Associates for transaction processing on Trading Platform
- Creates and maintains daily and monthly ECSE reports inclusive of Daily Blotter, Trade and Settlement projections and commissions reports
- Liaise with the ECSE on all client queries and administrative document processing inclusive of pledges, statements, transfers, etc.
- Conducts daily trading activities which entails entering, deleting and modifying order on the ECSE Trading Platform (Central Securities Depository)
- Takes corrective action such as reversing trade etc, for any trading errors detected by the Operations Department and/or the Principals
- Executes Repo trades in the Repo Module of the ECSE’s trading platform
- Liaises with the Operations Department to facilitate timely and accurate settlement of client trades and bond settlements
- Serves as the main point of contact along with the Manager for clients of sell side activity and liaises with issuers of all Capital Market issues
- Performs all trading operations in accordance with all related regulatory requirements
- Provides brokerage training on the features, benefits, process to staff, distributors and internal customers
- Assists in responding to general client queries and requests related to trading activities
- Responds to customers’ requests, enquiries, incoming and outgoing calls, both local and foreign, in a courteous and timely manner consistent with operating standards and escalation to the Manager where necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Accounting or related Discipline from an accredited institution
- A minimum of two (3) years working within the financial services sector preferably in areas such as Finance/ Accounting/Treasury/Investments/ Brokerage
- Registered Representative licensed on the Eastern Caribbean Securities Exchange (if not in possession of same, a period of three months would be given to attain this license)
- Strong oral and written communication, time management and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of Capital Markets
- Analytical, conceptual, research, negotiating and problem solving skills
- Ability to use initiative, work independently and exercise good judgmen
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the Group’s Operating Software Systems, Products and Services
Applications should be submitted online via Caribbean Jobs.