Bay Gardens Resorts - Waiter
Department Food & Beverage
Job Title Waiter
Reports To Restaurant Manager/ Food & Beverage Manager
Ensure that all guests are served to the hotels standard in the Restaurant / Bar / Lounge areas. Always display highest standards of hospitality and create a welcoming atmosphere within all food and beverage areas.
Takes orders for meal and beverages, serve (where applicable) food and beverages to guests as per the hotels standards in a friendly, timely and efficient manner.
Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Always monitor for incoming and outgoing guest
- Greets guests professionally and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale (P.O.S.) system.
- Obtaining revenues, issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. E.g.: No Garlic, less spicy etc., without egg etc.
- Communicate to the guest and help with their queries.
- Co - ordinate with the bus person, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Server food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Knowledge of preparation of mixed drinks for service to your customers table.
- Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Must follow all policies and procedures and all company rules and regulations
- Ensure service S.O.P. is followed in detail, always to suit the guest situation and mood
- Team members are expected to work flexible shifts e.g. 7-3pm, 3-11pm and 11-7pm to name a few and are not limited to these only.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the resort.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Responsible for maintaining the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help other areas of the restaurant such as answering telephones and decorations
- Always follow up with guest, even after their meals ensuring they enjoyed the meal period
- Close the shift on the POS terminal.
Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Friendly, customer centric and results driven.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com no later than Friday 10th August 2018. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview