Bay Gardens Resorts – Bartender
Department Food & Beverage
Job Title Bartender
Reports To Bar Manager / Food & Beverage Service Manager
Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons. Serve wine and bottled or draft beer. Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks. Serve snacks or food items to customers seated at the bar.
Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Interacting with customers, taking orders and serving snacks and drinks.
- Assessing bar customers’ needs and preferences and making recommendations.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons.
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails.
- Present bar menu.
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience.
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations.
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
- Keep the bar organized, stocked and clean.
- Collect money for drinks served.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers’ excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Clean bars, work areas, and tables.
- Slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Mix all drinks based on the serving sizes as outlined in the company manual to keep drink costs at a minimum (Always use your measurements).
- Develop an efficient work pace that keeps the customers at the bar and in the dining room satisfied at all times.
- Keep bar area clean in accordance with the company’s guidelines as well as the requirements of the local health department
- Deliver a consistently high level of customer service to each client and maintain a safe environment.
- Be professional always.
Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Friendly, customer centric and results driven.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 10th August 2018. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.