Bay Gardens Resorts - Steward
Department Food & Beverage
Job Title Steward
Reports To Executive Chef
Always ensure a clean and workable kitchen area by scraping food from dirty dishes, pots, pans, plates, glasses, flatware, service ware and miscellaneous items and washing them by hand and/or the dishwashing machine.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
- Ensure the kitchen is clean, well always maintained and organised.
- Ensure that floors are always dry and clean.
- Operate pot-washing machinery and maintain a hygienic working environment in accordance with hygiene regulations and company standards.
- Adhere to all sanitation guidelines.
- Assist the cooks and servers as and when necessary.
- Collect and remove trash from all areas of the operation following established procedures.
- Dispose of waste as per the hotel and authority standards and adhere to recycling guidelines.
- Ensure waste bin area is kept clean and tidy.
- Carry out general cleaning as directed to including sweeping, mopping up, washing up, emptying of rubbish bins and boxes ensuring placement in the correct containers.
- Clean and sanitize pots, pans, utensils, related service ware and other minor equipment routinely used in the kitchen following established procedures.
- Clean and maintain floors and walls in kitchen and dish washing area by following standard procedures.
- Clean large equipment as assigned, following established procedures.
- Consistently adhere to SDS (Safety Data Sheet) information related to the proper and safe use of chemicals in the workplace.
- Knowledge and proficiency to operate industrial dish washers.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and in good working order.
- Wash, wipe, sort, stack dishes, and load/unload dishwasher.
- If any breakages or chipped items are found, then remove them from circulation and update the breakage and inventory register.
- Clean, sanitize and close workstations.
- Use and maintain all equipment according to manufacturer and department guidelines.
- Report any maintenance or hazard issues to the Chief Steward.
- Always maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Friendly, customer centric and results driven.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Previous experience in a similar role is preferred.
Applications may be sent to email@example.com no later than Friday 10th August 2018. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.