Vacancy - Pastry Cook/Baker
Vacancy 1: Pastry cook/ Baker
The following will be considered in selecting the successful candidate to fill in the position.
Strong leadership skills and must have the ability to assist in managing the café type cuisine independently & cost effectively, maintaining health and safety standards. Must be creative and passionate about cooking and must have hands on practical experience to create various types of breads, desserts, cakes, pastries, hors d’oeuvres pizzas, snack and catering menu to include healthy menu options, with an international and local twist.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in culinary arts, cooking or related field.
- Strong organizational Skills, effective Verbal & written Communication, basic computer skills
- Problem solving skills, Creativity, strong Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of the operating functions of kitchen equipment, tools, & appliances.
- Ability to create a menu maintaining expected food cost target.
- Ability to manage inventory of all products, supplies, food ingredients, for purchasing.
Experience: Considerable hands on experience in producing bakery items, cakes and pastries and flexible in preparation of meals to the standard of the operation.
- Must be able to obtain valid health card.
- Must be flexible to work varied shifts including weekends and public holidays valid driver’s license would be an advantage
- Residing in the North of the Island close proximity to Gros Islet would be an advantage
Deadline to submit all applications is August 15 2020.
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged
Interested persons are asked to email applications and resume to the email address below email@example.com