Dax Wholesale & Retail - Chef
Dax Wholesale & Retail is seeking an experienced Chef to join our Management Team.
Our Chicken Licking restaurant is looking for an experienced, forward-thinking Chef who is passionate about culinary arts. The ideal candidate for this position will be a natural leader who always has a finger on the pulse of current culinary trends. The successful candidate will report to the Operations Manager and will be required to:
- Manage relationships with distributors and resolve issues with customers promptly
- Follow the budget established by the Operations Manager
- Ensure safety and sanitation practices in the kitchen
- Manage kitchen staff and delegate tasks related to meal prep, cooking and delivering food in a timely fashion
- Maintain the schedule for kitchen staff
- Monitor food and labor costs
- Keep up with industry trends and create new recipes in collaboration with other Staff
- Associate Degree in Culinary Arts required (Bachelor’s preferred)
- Five years’ experience as a Chef in a full-service restaurant
- Two years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dedicated to food quality and control
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling and sanitation standards
A competitive compensation package will be offered to commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Method of Application:
An Application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, two referees and should be sent to the following email address:firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 30th June 2018
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.