Bay Gardens Resorts
Department: Front Office
Job Title: Bellman
Reports To: Front Office Manager/General Manager
The Bellman is primarily responsible for greeting and welcoming all guests to the hotel, relieving guests of their luggage on arrival and escorting guests to their hotel rooms. He must ensure that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times, and that all guest requests are dealt with in a prompt and courteous manner.
In addition to assisting guests with luggage, the bellman is also responsible for collecting and distributing parcels, handling general enquiries and ensuring that the lobby is always clean and tidy.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
• Check the daily arrival list for VIPs or guests with special needs
• Be present at the reception desk or in the lobby, ready to assist guests, colleagues and visitors when requested.
• Ensure collection and delivery of guest luggage in an efficient and timely manner.
• Assist guests by delivering luggage to the reception desk, escorting guests to rooms, placing luggage in room assigned by reception team.
• Inspect guest rooms to ensure that all is in order and adequate supplies are in place and inform guests of room amenities.
• Deliver faxes, messages, packages and flowers to guest rooms and other offices.
• Ensure the efficient delivery and collection of group luggage.
• Ensure that guests verify that all luggage has been accounted for.
• Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
• Friendly, customer centric and results driven.
• Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
• Ability to stand for long hours.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Applications may be sent to:
Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.