Bay Gardens Resorts – Weddings & Events Technician
Department: Weddings & Events
Job Title: Weddings & Events Technician
Reports To: Weddings & Events Manager
To adhere to all standards, policies and procedures relating to food and beverage and event service in the Weddings and Events Department as laid out by Events Manager, with a strong emphasis on guest satisfaction, product quality and profitability.
Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Effectively liaise with all departments for event set-ups and requirements by ensuring that communication is optimum to avoid any operational issues.
- Ensure all event venues including conference room is set-up in accordance with Banquet Event Order and guests needs in a timely manner.
- Ensure all equipment is set-up as indicated on the event sheet.
- Assist guest with the set-up of audio and visual equipment and when necessary liaise with the I.T department to assist clients with technical issues.
- Ensure buffets and other food stations are set-up to departmental standards.
- Deal with all requests not mentioned on the Banquet Event Order promptly and efficiently.
- Inform the manager or supervisor of any comments made by guests.
- Ensure that function areas are broken down and events items are stored appropriately in designated storage area after all functions in a timely manner.
- When function venue is not in use ensure that it is set-up for future events and kept clear and tidy at all times.
- Ensure equipment storage area is neat and tidy and that all equipment is returned to storage immediately after all events.
- Maintain and update and electronic equipment inventory for the Weddings and Events Department.
- Report any faulty equipment and damaged material to Weddings and Events Manager.
- Attend meetings and training when required.
- Give assistance to other departments when necessary.
- Carry out any other reasonable requests made by Weddings and Events Manager.
Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Friendly, customer centric and results driven.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.