Vacancy - Hotel Executive Housekeeper
Hotel Executive Housekeeper – Hotel in the North of St. Lucia
The Executive Housekeeper is responsible for all duties of the housekeeping operation and cleanliness levels in all areas of the property. This position requires strong attention to detail, leadership skills, and the ability to effectively deal with department heads, guests, and team members. The Executive Housekeeper must harmonize the culture, mission, values, and quality standards to ensure maximum potential is achieved. This person must also create an exceptional climate of professional and personable service that ensures the engagement of employees and guests.
- 8+ years’ experience in hospitality management, preferably in Housekeeping operations. Luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Degree/diploma in Hospitality Management, or an equivalent combination of education and experience that provides knowledge, skills, and ability sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the position.
- Thorough knowledge of all matters relating to the proper administration and operation of hospitality housekeeping operations.
- Lead, direct, and manage all department operations. Maintain regular presence throughout the department.
- Establish and maintain accurate inventory records. Participate in periodic department inventories. Recommend appropriate actions based on results of inventory reporting.
- Monitor operations to ensure consistent sequence of service is followed and all brand standards are properly executed.
- Ensure the proper handling, maintenance, storage, and security of all department equipment.
- Set and maintain standards of cleanliness. Inspect all areas of responsibility daily - Establish and execute detailed cleaning and preventive maintenance programs of all furniture, fixtures, and equipment.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work performed by contracted vendors
- Assist in the creation of department budget to include resource quantities, costs, and expenses.
- Communicate the role that each employee has in their achievement and ensure accountability.
- Monitor actual expenses to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments, and adjust strategies and forecasts accordingly.
- Review weekly forecasts and planning of cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted occupancy and costs.
- Balance staffing levels and labor to achieve ideal employee/guest engagement and cost ratio.
- Attract and select the best talent available from inside or outside the organization.
- Develop and implement strategies to retain staff.
- Monitor and evaluate staff performance and deliver recognition and rewards.
- Promote a positive work environment for all employees and ensure all employment related processes and documentation are in compliance.
- Conduct regular meetings with staff to communicate global programs, implement new products and procedures, and discuss areas of opportunities, special events, and other activities.
- Ensure an extraordinary experience and create loyalty to the property and Hard Rock brand by exceeding expectations through exceptional service and product quality.
- Resolve guest complaints and implement changes to prevent future issues.
- Monitor quality assurance program scores and guest feedback. Take corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain presence in property during peak business periods.
- Ensure all property policies and procedures are fully implemented in department, including health and safety guidelines.
- Maintain effective relationships with guests.
- Present a professional image to employees, guests, clients, owners, and investors.
This job description reflects the position’s essential functions; it does not encompass all of the tasks that may be assigned.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only suitably qualified candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: October 31, 2017.