Vacancy - Freight Broker
We are looking for a service-minded Freight Broker to act as a liaison between our customers and freight carriers. The Freight Broker will secure new accounts, expedite the sharing of information and documentation between customers and carriers, and communicate with dispatchers and drivers to track the status of loads. You will negotiate contracts with carriers in a manner that optimizes profits.
To ensure success in this position you need maintain current knowledge of freight carrier services, and be effective in attracting new customers and ensuring customer retention. Top applicants are customer-oriented, and have the ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Freight Broker Responsibilities:
- Generating leads and attracting new prospects, and developing a sales pipeline.
- Identifying and selecting reputable and safe carriers for freight services.
- Providing customers with shipping quotes.
- Assisting to prepare carriers for loads.
- Tracking status of loads.
- Collaborating with shippers, carriers and dispatchers to manage scheduled collections and drop-offs.
- Keeping accurate records of relevant activities.
- Updating customers on status of shipments, and assisting with other inquiries.
- Maintaining current knowledge of market trends in transportation marketplace.
Freight Broker Requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- Asycuda World
- Customs Laws & Procedures
- Customs Classifications
- 2+ years work experience in similar role.
- Must be able to adapt quickly.
- Established book of business preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suites.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Proficient negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet sales targets.
Please send your CV to : email@example.com no later than 5pm Monday 16th March 2020. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.