Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Coucouks Accounting and Financial Consulting Services Inc.
Posting for an experienced candidate for Office Manager-Trainee. The successful candidate will be mentored and coached for 12-18 months, after which they will be charged with developing a team to execute various accounting, finance, and business activities.
● Maintain records of financial transactions by establishing accounts, posting transactions, and ensuring compliance with accounting and regulatory frameworks.
● Help develop systems to account for financial transactions by establishing a chart of accounts; and implementing bookkeeping policies and procedures.
● Maintain books and records, including all aspects of payables, receivables, fixed assets, and accounting for transactions.
● Balance the general ledger by preparing a trial balance; and reconciling entries.
● Maintain and enhance the electronic filing system and foster a culture of electronic note-taking using appropriate software.
● Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
● Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; and advising management on needed actions.
● Prepare engagement letters and correspond with clients
● Prepare tax returns for clients in the United States for review
● Perform a variety of client management tasks such as billing, updating
trackers, scheduling meetings, organizing notes, etc
● Meet organizational goals on time and within budget
● Assist with clerical work, including marketing and promotional campaigns.
● Research and implement new technologies to assist with workflow and time
● Recruit and perform a number of HR activities to develop a productive team.
Wage: Commensurate with experience (includes base pay, and performance-based bonus. Opportunity designed for temp to full-time position upon successful completion of the trainee program )
● Eager to learn and invest personal time in developing the skills needed to be successful in the job
● Honest with a high level of integrity and moral compass
● Able to handle long days at work while maintaining a high level of productivity
● Predispose to use applications to research questions and come up with
● Ability or willingness to document discussion using a keyboard
● Working knowledge of G-suite (drive, sheets, documents, meet, chat)
● Minimum QuickBooks experience of 2-3 years. Quickbooks certification is
required as part of the interview process
● Attention to detail and adept at reading correspondence in full
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills; telephone etiquette
● Sociable, professional, and team player
● Strong written and verbal communication skills. Writing skills will be assessed
as part of the interview process.
● Exceptional customer service skills
● Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
● Positive and professional attitude
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
The ideal candidate must have at least an associate's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience, as well as a knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Only candidates with a working knowledge of the QuickBooks will be considered. Candidates are expected to create a set of financial statements in Quickbooks on day one. Candidate must be very detail-oriented. Candidates who do not have formal accounting knowledge but can demonstrate a grasp of accounting topics will be considered. Priority will be given to candidates who are familiar with business concepts in the United States.
Only candidates with a self-starter mindset are encouraged to apply. The management trainee program is extremely intense and requires a huge commitment of time upfront. Interested candidates with huge time constraints should not apply. To be successful, candidates must have the capacity to go beyond the typical 8-hour workday. Weekend (primarily Saturday) work is required when necessary and is not negotiable due to client expectations.
Additional Job information to be considered before applying:
1. The manager-trainee is expected to work to meet client deadlines
2. The work week is Monday through Saturday, with two off days.
3. Working shifts are 8-11 hours a day. Shifts vary depending on the time of year.
4. The office is a 10-minute walk from a bus stop on the Gros Islet highway.
Walking to the office is an uphill climb.
5. Long hours are generally required from November to April.
6. The majority of work done is for clients in the United States. As such, familiarity
with the United States is an asset.
7. This position is only for persons with accounting and QuickBooks experience
who are keen on becoming a leader in the future and are passionate about
pursuing a career in accounting and finance.
8. Candidates must clearly demonstrate at least intermediate spreadsheet and
word processing skills. In addition, the candidate must be familiar with the key
application of G-Suite.
9. Given the job requirements, the minimum probation period is 12 months.
10. Candidates will have to demonstrate via a live certification session that they
can pass the first level of Quickbooks certification. Access to free QuickBooks training is available for candidates to prepare.
To apply, send your information to CAFCS@waynedanielcpa.com. The deadline for submission is September 30, 2023.