The Events Company of St. Lucia - Chief Operations Officer
The Events Company of St. Lucia is seeking to fill the role of CHIEF OPERATIONS OFFICER to continue delivering on its current mandate.
Responsible for the implementation of the organization’s strategic plan. Work closely with the CEO to provide day-to-day management of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads the team in the implementation of the strategic and corporate plans.
- Establishes, in consultation with the team, standards and targets for performance in each area.
- Ensures that performance in meeting standards and targets is monitored and evaluated.
- Oversees preparation and execution of work programmes, including the setting, monitoring and evaluation of annual and quarterly targets.
- Ensures that systems for proper human resource management are in place.
- Ensures that the support services (Information Management & Administrative Services) are in place and are effective.
- Maintains custody and control of the corporate seal and relevant documents, including leases, contracts and insurance policies.
- Prepares and maintains custody of minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors and its sub-committees.
- Assist with recruitment and selection of staff in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Supports the conduct and annual appraisal of staff performance.
- Provides ongoing support to staff by communicating the ECSL’s policies, procedures and key decisions and ensuring that the resources are available to execute assigned responsibilities.
- Oversees the work of staff to ensure that it meets ECSL’s standards.
- Makes recommendations to CEO regarding salary levels, promotions, disciplinary action and renewal of contracts.
- Carries out such other duties as may be assigned, from time to time, by the CEO.
Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies or related field. Training in the area of Human Resource Management would be an asset.
Minimum of 8 years work experience, with at least five years at management level. Experience in supporting the work of the Board of Directors would be an asset.
Demonstrated leadership skills with a proven track record of effective team management; excellent communication, report writing and analytical skills.
Mature and responsible individual; highly organised; demonstrated ability to work effectively with people
The successful candidate will report to the Chief Executive Officer. Interested applicants should address and email their applications to:
The Administrative Manager Events Company of St. Lucia Inc. 1st Floor, Sureline Building Vide Bouteille, Castries Saint Lucia
Deadline for receipt of applications is 4pm, local time, February 28, 2019.
Only suitable applications will be acknowledged.