SLHTA’s Tourism Enhancement Fund - Manager
Manager – SLHTA’s Tourism Enhancement Fund
Applications are invited from highly motivated, energetic, experienced and suitably qualified candidates for the post of Manager of the SLHTA’s Tourism Enhancement Fund. The Fund is a Non-Profit initiative of the Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association Inc. (SLHTA) which consolidates donations from contributing members and supports projects focused on community development, human resources development, environmental protection/preservation and enhancement initiatives which will positively impact the livelihoods of our current and future generations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Tourism Enhancement Fund as prescribed by its Board of Directors. The Manager will be an advocate for the work of the TEF, oversee and monitor the accounting, project administration and strategic directions associated with the overall management of the TEF and establish and maintain relationships with stakeholders and grant funding organizations. Key duties include:
- Liaise with the SLHTA CEO to ensure strategic alignment of the SLHTA and TEF at all times.
- Manage projects of the TEF and prepare proposals to access grant funding from external sources.
- Coordinate the formulation, development and implementation of specific projects, programs and activities designed to advance the agreed policies and purposes of the TEF.
- To represent the TEF at meetings of internal sub-committees, external public and private boards as per agreements with TEF Chairperson and Directors.
- Review the TEF’s accounts and financial records and provide accurate and timely reports, updates and other relevant information on same to the TEF Board of Directors.
- Liaise as necessary with Financial and Management Auditors and Consultants to ensure that they are furnished with the required information for conducting the audit of the TEF’s Accounts.
- Supervise the work of ALL TEF staff and monitor internal audit and financial controls to ensure they are maintained in accordance with established TEF Standard Operating Procedures
Required Skill Set:
- A bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Management, Project Management or related field from a recognized college, university or accredited professional institution.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position at the management level.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical procedures, policy proposals, project preparation processes and government regulations.
- Proven ability to prepare operational and procedural manuals and management systems to establish internal control.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Demonstrated ability to apply leadership and management aptitudes as well as the ability to manage change and manage people.
- Ability to understand financial statements and procedural manuals.
- Ability to effectively establish professional management relationships with staff members, Directors, Trustees, Government Officials, public sector agencies, clients, press and the general public, with little supervision.
- A demonstrated ability to use current software packages and applications.
- Ability and willingness to provide service to internal and external customers in a courteous and professional manner.
The terms and conditions of employment are commensurate with qualifications and experience and will be negotiated with the successful applicant.
Submission of Applications:
Applications accompanied by resumes should be submitted by email to email@example.com or sent to the following address no later than 24th August 2018:
Project Consultant Tourism Enhancement Fund c/o Saint Lucia Hotel and Tourism Association Inc. P.O. Box 545 CASTRIES St. Lucia