Water & Sewerage Company Ltd. (WASCO)
REPORTS TO: Senior Engineer
LOCATION: Southern Services
Position Objective: To effectively monitor and control the raw and treated water conveyance and distribution system facilities and equipment.
• Operate electronic monitoring and control equipment, determine the needs of the various zones, reservoirs and flow rates in mains and pump stations and make appropriate operational adjustments;
• Monitor water systems for any unusual changes in flows, pressures, and reservoirs; analyze situations and take appropriate corrective actions;
• Respond to emergencies in a manner consistent with procedures to minimize disruption to water service and avoid damage to system components;
• Intercept, evaluate and respond to SCADA alarms;
• Communicate with other staff as appropriate; include treatment plant operators and maintenance personnel, regarding changes in pumping rates, valve position and diversions;
• Serves as dispatcher and maintain call out database; monitor security of reservoirs and other Utility facilities;
• Track equipment requiring testing and service and update Engineer in Charge on maintenance and repair activities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to effectively lead the Abstraction, Transmission and Distribution Crew personnel;
• Excellent written, oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to build trust, credibility and effective working relationships with all levels of staff within the organization and with external stakeholders;
• Ability to multitask and prioritize with ease;
• Ability to effectively motivate and mobilize staff to achieve and produce required output;
Qualifications & Experience:
• Minimum: – An Associate Degree in Construction Engineering or Diploma in Building Studies with 2 years relevant work experience.
• Preferred Additional: – Certificate in Plumbing or Project Management.
Applications should be addressed to:
Attention: Human Resource Manager
Water and Sewerage Company Inc.
P O Box 1481, Castries
OR Email: email@example.com
Application deadline: 30th September, 2017