A Catering business/ Cafeteria in the North of the island is seeking suitable applicants to fill the following positions:
Pastry/ Pizza Chef
The following will be considered in selecting the successful candidate to fill in the position.
Must have the ability to manage the café type cuisine and must be able to work independently & cost effectively, maintaining health and safety standards.
Must be creative and passionate about cooking and must have hands on practical experience to create various types of breads, desserts, cakes, pastries, hors d’oeuvres, pizzas, snack and catering menu to include healthy menu options, with an international and local twist.
Skills and Qualifications:
• At least 5 years’ experience in culinary arts, cooking in related field
• Strong organizational Skills, effective Verbal & written Communication, basic computer skills
• Problem solving skills, Creativity, Interpersonal Skills
• Strong leadership skills
• Staff management/ scheduling
• Knowledge of the operating functions of kitchen equipment, tools, & appliances.
• Ability to create a menu maintaining expected food cost target
• Ability to manage inventory of all products, supplies, food ingredients, for purchasing.
• Must be able to obtain valid health card.
• Must be flexible to work varied shifts including weekends and public holidays valid driver’s license would be an advantage
Interested candidates can email applications and resume to the address below:
Application deadline: 18th December 2017
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged.