The National Council of and for Persons with Disabilities recently welcomed a charitable contribution of wheelchairs and mobility devices from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
A key component of the visit was the training of persons as assessors and technicians on how to assess a person’s mobility needs as well as how to assemble and use the wheelchairs.
President of the council, Merphilus James, said he is pleased that Saint Lucians are now trained to serve patients with mobility challenges around the island.
“As a result of this training, we now have a proud team of six local assessors and technicians who are fully trained to execute this program; who are now able to go out in the communities and do these assessments, and to do it in an efficient, convenient and customer centered manner,” Mr. James said.
Minister for Health and Wellness Sen. Hon. Mary Isaac thanked the Latter Day Saints Charity for the generous contribution and says it will make the lives of the disabled easier.
“I am saying to you to take care of, and to appreciate this gift, because it was given with much love by people who do not even know you.”
Caribbean Wheelchair Specialist for the Latter Day Saints Charity, Don Hart, said the organization remains committed to making contributions that will allow the disabled to enjoy a life of mobility.
The Latter Day Saints Charity donated 138 wheelchairs and 101 mobility devices.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sales & Marketing Manager on or before 23rd April, 2019
- Pink Butterflii - Sales Representative no later than April 30th, 2019.
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Saint Lucia - Vacancies before Tuesday April 23, 2019
- Vacancy - Lecturers Closing date for application is 26th April 2019.
- Vacancy - Customer Service Representative, Cafeteria Server, Cafeteria Kitchen Assistant Deadline to submit all applications is May 17 2019.
- Hailcloud Publishing - Vacancies
- Invest Saint Lucia - Marketing Officer Deadline for submission of applications is Friday 3rd May 2019 at 4:30p.m.
- Renwick & Compnay Ltd. – Marketing & Communication Officer before April 25, 2019.
- Vacancy - Accounts Receivables & Administrative Clerk Closing date Tuesday 23rd April 2019