Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Job Title Restaurant Shift Leader
Reports To Restaurant Manager
Position Summary To maintain company standards in all restaurants, supervise hostess, servers and cashiers. To meet guests who patronize the restaurant and ensure they leave with an exceptional dining experience.
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed by all service personnel.
- Provide assistance and guidance to waiters, hostess and cashiers.
- Designate work station and responsibilities to all restaurant staff per shift.
- Ensure restaurant is fully set prior to each service period.
- Ensure side stations are set up to par before service.
- Check reservations for the service period and assign tables wherever necessary.
- Conduct daily shift briefings before each service period and ensure all staff are knowledgeable of food menu, cocktail list, beverage list and specials.
- Lead by example on the floor by following all steps of service standards.
- Ensure that grooming standards are maintained by all staff on duty.
- Maintain logbook to record any discrepancies, complaints handled and special events.
- Conduct regular service standard training.
- Liaise with the housekeeping department to ensure all public areas in the
vicinity of the restaurant and the restaurant are kept in a neat and hygienic condition at all times.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a high-volume, full-service restaurant in a similar capacity is required.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 16th June 2021. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.