Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Job Title Houseman
Reports to Housekeeping Supervisors
Position Summary Ensure that the property’s public areas are maintained to the highest level of cleanliness, hygiene & attractiveness and assist room attendants with the upkeep of guest rooms.
- Clean rugs, carpets and upholstered furniture using appropriate equipment such as vacuum cleaner, broom and carpet shampoo machine.
- Wash walls and ceilings, move furniture and turn mattresses.
- Sweep, mop, scrub, wax and polish floors.
- Dust and polish metalwork.
- Collect soiled linen for laundering and pick up clean linen for distribution.
- Remove trash collected by room attendants.
- Walk all assigned floors at beginning and end of shift to collect trash and soiled linen.
- Deliver towels, cribs, cots and other items to guest rooms on request.
- Help with heavy lifting when super cleaning/spring cleaning rooms.
- Clean all public areas in the prescribed manner while following the department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Remove soiled linen and trash from the pool side and other service areas and take to appropriate locations in the prescribed manner.
- Assist with placing bed boards, roll-way beds, extra beds etc.
- Report missing and found articles, damaged or merchandise problems to the Housekeeping Supervisors.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements of the job, which includes bending, twisting, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling and long periods of standing.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role working at a 4 or 5 Star resort is required.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Wednesday 16th June
- Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.